If you are looking for a gluten free recipe for a side dish, Krista’s Scalloped Sweet Potatoes are amazing!
I came home to this one already in the oven. Using fresh yams, and almond milk, she
created this fantastic version of a traditional recipe that is absolutely delicious – AND it
is gluten free and dairy free!!
1/4 cup butter, melted
6 tbsp InSiteful Baking Mix (or other gluten-free blend) flour
2 garnet yam potatoes, thinly sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp fresh chopped garlic
Fresh parsley for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. With a little of the butter or olive oil sprayer, lightly
grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
Stir the salt and pepper into the flour. Mix chopped garlic with the chopped onion
Place 1/3 of the sliced potatoes along the bottom of the pan, followed by 1/3 of the onion
mixture, 1/3 of the remaining margarine, and half the flour.
Repeat this layer with 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the onions, 1/3 of the margarine and the
remaining flour. Top this with the rest of the potatoes, onions and margarine.
Pour the almond milk slowly into the pan until it almost covers the top layer. Sprinkle with
Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the potatoes are soft and the milk is thick. Garnish with
parsley and serve.
I guarantee this gluten free, diary free treat sweet potato recipe will become a favorite!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free scalloped sweet potatoes
- scalloped sweet potatoes gluten free
- dairy free scalloped sweet potatoes recipes
- gluten free scalloped yams
- scalloped sweet potatoes
- wheat free scalloped sweet potatoes
- scalloped sweet potatoes with thickened almond milk
- scalloped sweet potatoes w almond milk
- scalloped sweet potatoes dairy free
- recipe gluten free sliced sweet potatoes